Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Producing Organizations

In regard to producing "The Gnomes of New Hope; Zach and Zebby's Grand Adventure"...

Although I have been building IMS to have the production capabilities to follow through on manifesting The Gnomes, (as well as other projects) the one thing I didn't count on was getting so old so fast. Ha, well I did not anticipate that publishing this collection of books would take so much effort. The process has dragged on for years and now that it's almost finished (on the design and pre-production end of things) I find that I am less enthusiastic then I used to be. 

I still have to tend to many things; studio Facilities, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of the published goods, as well as other production elements, which I have discussed elsewhere. Music, Animation, Puppetry, the Parade Float, Legit Theatre, Cinema... and the list goes on. 

I'm past retirement age and my energy level isn't what it used to be, nor is my focus of attention. I have to recognize the truth of this.

So all that being said, I'm inclined to believe that the more front line degree of production activity (in numerous arenas) might be more effective if they were to be implemented in a different production environment; meaning one, or more, of the Major Producing Organizations. Not that I don't want to do it, but practically speaking, it might be best if I don't try. I would need to build a personnel structure of that a major already has in place as it well as all the other machinery that needs to be employed. My activity has always been in development and my production capabilities are, reletively speaking, minor in comparison. So that really is the path I must follow with this anything else would be foolish.

Of course I will continue on the path, developing and bringing the critical aspects to fruition and moving toward production, within IMS if necessary, but finding another production scenario for the first class union production activity appears to me to be the best course of action.

As you know, this takes a rather specific course of action. I have prepared the materials to take this into account, but to also provide the ability to advance in the other secondary markets, while seeking the "First Class" opportunities. 

I simply do not want this to drag on and I am facing other business demands which needs to be tended to. That being true, I have to recognize that I may be faced with distractions that will delay production within IMS to some degree.

I do think that there will be some combination of what I have mentioned, since I designed this to be able to move forward under numerous scenarios. It will do that, but it is prepared to move rapidly within the Industry and to meet the requirements in terms of the Core Creative Materials. Should it move into production it can do so with a complete collection of tools to move forward at a good pace and produce very desirable results.

For First Class Legitimate Theatre; Broadway Producers, for Live action Cinema and high end Animation; Hollywood, for Interactive Theatre; the Theme Park Organizations and for the Publishing Arena; Major Book Publishing and Distribution.

These areas are setup for either Internal (IMS) or External (Producing Organizations) advancement, and even a combination thereof.

I think I'm at the point where Licensing across the board is quite possibly the best option, but I also know that my knowledge and vision of this is a critical element of the overall project. So that will into come into play as well.

I have a Business Plan that builds on numerous organizations to implement production activity as a whole. Not only The Gnomes of New Hope, but any number of other projects. The design I have would work very well if it is implemented properly. But to do that required, three boards comprised of the right people and the right investments. My thinking in this regard is that this structure could be part of a sale of Image of the Mind Studios. 

There's no point in denying that I am approaching the end of my run in this life. I'm not dead yet, but as we all know, after a certain point, that could happen at any time. So my thinking is to sell the whole kit and caboodle, thereby putting the future of Image of the Mind Studios into the hands of an organizational structure that can make it grow into something far greater than I can ever achieve, being that my time is winding down.

I'm not sure where this will lead to, but those are my most recent thoughts on the subject.

If anyone wants to talk turkey on this, let me know.

AG

No comments:

Post a Comment